Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: taxes by postal code and by state

avsune is offline Member

Default taxes by postal code and by state

We need to charge tax in Both NY and NJ. In NY there is a different tax rate for every County so I entered in a tax rate for every zip. NJ has a tax rate for the entire state so I put in and the tax rates are not being pulled. Does that mean I have to enter every zip for NJ for it to work.

Jao is offline Senior Member

Nope, there's no need, as long as the tax rates are defined on their respective states that should apply to all customers coming from those specified states. Anyway, could you please tell us what version are you on?

avsune is offline Member

I am on version 8.0.1.2 and I have NJ entered as a state tax rate and NY specific tax rates by zip code. When someone purchases from NJ it does not bring up NJ Tax rate when I entered that specific zip code it came up. Any idea why this might be happening? I do want to enter all the NJ Zips with the same tax rate.

Jao is offline Senior Member

Please submit a support ticket for this one. One of our technical support engineers should be able to provide you an appropriate update. Please affix this forum post link and your order number for verification on your ticket postage.