Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Java Script Redirection In Drop Down Menu

knowledge_quest is offline Junior Member

Question Java Script Redirection In Drop Down Menu

Hello All,
    Im hoping someone can give me some general direction on the next steps in implementing a basic idea. What I am attempting to do is add url's in the value field of a drop down menu for quicker navigation of my site. I am testing a simple .js file and have uploaded this to the skins directory (where my robots.txt lives) as well as the skin_1 default file but am still not able to view the menu.

Ill also add that our site is hosted on ChannelAdvisor Store Advisor Premium and the root directory is not accessible, this is where it usually becomes tricky.

First question - to what other directory should I be uploading this .js file if permissions to the main directory are denied? (As is the case with CA)

Is there another way to accomplish a drop down nav menu in ASPDSNF v.8?

Thanks for any input -
    Lisa Acuff,
    www.Zen-Webs.com
    ----Learning Something New Every Day----

Jao is offline Senior Member

We usually place all our javascript files in {root}/jscripts for the web and {root}/{AdminDir}/jscripts for the admin panel. Anyway, could you please post a screen shot of what you're trying to achieve?