Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Google Sitemap Question

jasont is offline Member

Default Google Sitemap Question

When I submitted my sitemap to google it does the scan but for some reason a few of the sitemaps in the sitemap index list errors. Ive gone around and around with the error but I cannot find any cause to it. When I go to the URL directly for that sitemap it loads fast without issues. http://www.audio-direct.com/googleen...ry&entityid=10 does anybody have any thoughts as to what could be causing the issue?

Here is a screen shot showing how the errors are broken down when going into the sitemap.

mongesc is offline Senior Member

Try to go the exact url that is causing the error. There is a nother list in there that has all the links of you page in your website. There, you can click on the links to see if there any problems. We encountered that before to. If there are a few errors, you don;t have to worry, but it there is alot, you have it checked out.

It's probably your products do not exist anymore, and google can not find that link.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Correct. You'll have to actually browse on the link where google sees the error, and check out what's going on.

jasont is offline Member

Brand new site that was just launched so all items within the sitemap exist and are viewable.

When googlbot crawls does it submit the url like:
    Code:
    www.audio-direct.com/googleentity.aspx?entityname=Manufacturer&entityid=269
    or as:

Code:
    I noticed if u take the bottom link and put it into the browser to our website it takes a long time for the page to load and it seems that the data after the & isnt included in the request because the top part of the xml that is displayed has the loc like the following www.audio-direct.com/c--.aspx

jasont is offline Member

Bump

Still having the issue with our web server not accepting the URL Escaped URLs that are in the sitemap.

maxmedia1 is offline Member

Default Same Issue

We are experiencing the exact same issue as described above. To complicate matters we are using the revolver commerce attribute add-in with lots of attributes, causing tons of ?parametered page links.

Anyone have any suggestions? Our google rankings are plummeting.

jazzylily is offline Member

I have the same problem. Some help would be appreciated. Anyone?

MarkC is offline Developer

@jasont: googlebot will crawl the site using the url
    Code:
    using the one with & is an invalid ampersand url escape sequence and the entityId wouldn't get recognized.
    & only works in html or xml(as google sitemap is in xml format) but not if you copy-paste it directly on the address bar