Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Question about home page of admin section

jjdunkel is offline Member

Default Question about home page of admin section

This works fine on my development machine, but when I run the site in my shared hosting environment I get the following error. All the menus at the top of the admin home page work and I seem to be able to navigate around just fine, the error only shows on the admin home page.

Code:
    Server Error in '/' Application.
    Security Exception
    Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy.  To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file.

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.ReflectionPermission, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.ReflectionPermission, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.]
       System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.ThrowSecurityException(Assembly asm, PermissionSet granted, PermissionSet refused, RuntimeMethodHandle rmh, SecurityAction action, Object demand, IPermission permThatFailed) +150
       System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.ThrowSecurityException(Object assemblyOrString, PermissionSet granted, PermissionSet refused, RuntimeMethodHandle rmh, SecurityAction action, Object demand, IPermission permThatFailed) +100
       System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.CheckSetHelper(PermissionSet grants, PermissionSet refused, PermissionSet demands, RuntimeMethodHandle rmh, Object assemblyOrString, SecurityAction action, Boolean throwException) +284
       System.Security.PermissionSetTriple.CheckSetDemand(PermissionSet demandSet, PermissionSet& alteredDemandset, RuntimeMethodHandle rmh) +69
       System.Security.PermissionListSet.CheckSetDemand(PermissionSet pset, RuntimeMethodHandle rmh) +150
       System.Security.PermissionListSet.DemandFlagsOrGrantSet(Int32 flags, PermissionSet grantSet) +30
       System.Threading.CompressedStack.DemandFlagsOrGrantSet(Int32 flags, PermissionSet grantSet) +40
       System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.ReflectionTargetDemandHelper(Int32 permission, PermissionSet targetGrant, CompressedStack securityContext) +123
       System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.ReflectionTargetDemandHelper(Int32 permission, PermissionSet targetGrant) +54
    Thank you in advance for any ideas you can give me

Question

All the searches I do on this error seem to point to problems with using Reflection on a Medium Trust server. I thought AspDotNetStorefront got rid of the Medium Trust issues with the 7.0.2.5 version? Why is the admin home page the only place I've seen this error so far?

jsimacek is offline Senior Member

Please tell your host about this, they will switch the trust level of your site and after IIS restart (they usually schedule it overnight) it will be ok ;-)
    Jan Simacek - Compunix, LLC
    AspDotNetStorefront trusted Devnet Partner and Reseller since 2005

AspDotNetStorefront Mods and Add-Ons at http://www.ecommercecartmods.com/
    - Searching, Filtering and Sorting (like cSearch, Dealer Locator, Price Ranges, Blog)
    - Reports (like Cart Abandonment and Net Sales)
    - Customer Experience (like Question/Answers)
    - Site and Data Management (like Entity Product Mapper, Bulk Updaters, Make/Model/Year filters)

My host is using Medium Trust and will not increase to Full Trust on shared hosting environments. Besides there should be no reason for anything to run needing more than Medium Trust.

Jao is offline Senior Member

If you're using 7025SP1, then it should work on such trust. Anyway, please also check if you have given ASP.Net Process Account or Network Service a read permission to your Admin directory.

I'm using ML 8.0.1.2 C#.

Jao is offline Senior Member

The more it should work on that build. Did you check the permission given to that folder?

I was able to verify that Network Service did have read access to the admin folder. Even better I was able to convince my host to give me Full Trust even though it didn't look like they wanted to. The error was gone as soon as Full Trust was enabled.