Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: How to create RSA key container?

laomao is offline Member

Default How to create RSA key container?

Here is the description from the manual document:

"Web.Config.EncryptionProvider
    Base Description: The encryption provider used to encrypt the web.config. The allowed values are DataProtectionConfigurationProvider and RsaProtectedConfigurationProvider. Use RsaProtectedConfigurationProvider if you are running on a web farm. You will need to create an RSA key container before implementing the RSA encryption provider.
    Default Value: DataProtectionConfigurationProvider
    More Information:
    "
    I am doing it in a web farm. However I don't know how to create an RSA key container ? Please help ASAP. Thank you in advance.

laomao is offline Member

Default What is the key file name and where is located?

Hello, after the radio button "Encrypt the web.conig" is set to "Yes" in the Site Configuration Wizard under the admin site, where the key file is created and what is its file name?

Looks like I can export the key file with this command from my server 1 and import it into the server 2 and then copy the web.conifg to the server 2 and switch the provider to RsaProtectedConfigurationProvider .

aspnet_regiis -px "MyKeys" "c:\keys.xml" -pri

Is that correct steps? please advise!!!