Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: is there an appconfig for category product description?

mrmjr is offline Junior Member

Default is there an appconfig for category product description?

Hello, sorry if this is a stupid question, as I am still new to this script, but I was wondering if there is an appconfig for adding descriptions for your product pages? (after clicking a page under category it brings you to all the products you carry, but is there a way to add a description underneath? this is to help out with SEO) I searched in the manual and forums and couldnt find a match.
    Thank

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

Not an AppConfig, but there are XML packages that display partial product descriptions at the category level. You can change that with the Display Format XML Package attribute on the category. Try entity.tableexpanded.xml.config

Richnyc30 is offline Senior Member

Default Using Summary field

Can the Summary field data be used in these pages? Hopefully it's just a simple call. Can the Summary field be used in the category pages?