Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Requires Products

allenjarosz is offline Junior Member

Default Requires Products

Is there any way to specify a quantity for a product ID in the "Requires Products" field?
    I have been able to get 5 of one item to work by putting the item number in the field 5 times.

I have several products that might require 30 of item A and 20 of item B but cant build the product because I run out of space in the "Requires Products" field due to the need to repeate the item number 30 times.

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

Maybe make a variant of product B that is for a 30 pack? Required products were designed to be 1:1

mebrahimi is offline Junior Member

Is there a way to enforce the inverse of the "requires products" functionality?

As I understand it, the current functionality does this...

If A requires B, and you buy 3 A's, 3 B's automatically get added to your cart. You can buy 5 B's if you wanted to.

Is there a way to do this: If you buy 3 A's you are allowed to buy UP TO 3 B's, but no more. This is a case where B is an accessory for A, and we don't want to sell just B by itself.

Thanks

Jao is offline Senior Member

Well, the simple configuration would be to set B as a required product of A, and also set A as a required product of B, therefore, either way, both product would be added whichever is chosen for purchase. Nonetheless, both can't be ordered alone...