Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: AppConfig ShowSubcatsInGrid question

HomeIndoor is offline Member

Question AppConfig ShowSubcatsInGrid question

In a recent post I readd that by changing the AppConfig ShowSubcatsInGrid to true for your sub categories to be displayed as thumbnails instead of list.
    How could I change it so instead of using an thumbnail size image I can use a medium size image?

Thumbs up AppConfig ShowSubcatsInGrid question

came across another post that cleared this up

Please check and change the value of AppConfig: CategoryImg_icon, set it accordingly.

Default icon still the same size

After changing the categoryImg_icon to 250x250
    and changing the display format to entity.grid.xml.config

the size is still the original icon size of 160x25

what am I doing wrong?

Wink figured it out

I came across another post that explained what the full steps are. Just because you change the size of th categoryImg_icon it will not change the image size instantly. You then musth upload those images again for the new settings to take effect.

So remember first change the CategoryImg_Icon size and then reupload the images for those category. Also consider haveing the original size of these images the same before uploading and making these changes because then it does not look good.

thanks and consider this post closed.

Louie is offline Senior Member

Open the Xml your using for your category in the root\XmlPackages folder(ex. entity.gridwithprices.xml.config) and then look for this line of code(Line 179):

<xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:LookupEntityImage(EntityID, $EntityName, 'icon', 0, $AltText)" disable-output-escaping="yes" />

change it to:

<xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:LookupEntityImage(EntityID, $EntityName, 'medium', 0, $AltText)" disable-output-escaping="yes" />

Note:
    This would avoid resizing your icon image to a medium size image.