Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Adjust tax or product price without editing or creating a new order

bgustwiller is offline Junior Member

Default Adjust tax or product price without editing or creating a new order

Adjust tax or product price without editing or creating a new order. Can this be done? If we cancel an item of the order without editing/creating a new order we can adjust the total amount captured, but cannot edit the tax amount or individual product prices. Editing an order after it is placed is very limited.
    Any help would be appreciated....

Jao is offline Senior Member

Editing the price and tax amount applied would automatically adjust the product prices and tax amount thereof, considering that the ordered item on the Order table is simply mapped via its ProductVariantID. Anyway, before we proceed, why do you intend to achieve this?
    Last edited by Jao; 10-03-2009 at 08:18 AM.

bgustwiller is offline Junior Member

due to PCI compliance, editing orders is next to impossible without going through the hassle of calling the customer to get their credit card. We are a retail business selling clothing and our sucess has always been our friendly, small town service.

We want to service customer requests with minimal hassle on the customers part. For example, if a customer placed an order for 3 shirts and decides they want just 2 after the order is placed, I'm pretty much stuck due to PCI compliance on what I can do. If the order does not have tax on it, I can adjust the order total that gets captured.

BUT, when there is tax, I cannot adjust the above example without making a complete new order. No way to adjust tax and no way to adjust line item pricing.

Thank you for your time looking into this.

ssgumby is offline Senior Member

I agree with bgustwiller, the order editing is very very limited and is a detriment to an otherwise excellent shopping cart.

Is the editing limited due to technical reasons, compliance reasons or what?