Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Better Understanding Full Text

K-BL is offline Member

Cool Better Understanding Full Text

I enabled full text search and am rebuilding the sp aspdnsf_GetProducts. The question that I have is this:
    Does this search utilize the noise words and as well the full text search?

I'm looking through the code, and I don't see use of fn FREETEXT() or FREETEXTTABLE(), and I as well don't see a reference to the table "NoiseWords".

Do I need to build my own custom search to accommodate these new search types? Do you have some sample code to work with?

This is for version 8.0.0.0

Thanks Guys

K-BL is offline Member

So I decided to just rebuild the search. And it's working very well. I've implemented a very powerful algorithm that allows you to return results that have a greater full text rating based on the search term. The only problem I' having now is filtering noise words.

How are we supposed to use the NoiseWords table?

Come on guys, don't leave me hanging.