Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Temporarily Disabling the Site

Riya Fujii is offline Junior Member

Default Temporarily Disabling the Site

I tried this (http://manual.aspdotnetstorefront.co...-the-site.aspx) for our maintenance, and although it works, the admin screen also changes to the maintenance screen and I cannot actually do the maintenance...
    Is there anything else to do than setting those 2 parameters?

MSD is offline Member

I had the same issue this week and although there were a few suggestions to run the site in admin and lock out the customer nothing was as simple as a mod from http://www.ecommercecartmods.com. Think it was called Temporary Site Down.

I am new to ASPDNSF so I can't really say more than it worked and Jan responded with two questions I had via email pretty much immediatly.

Hope it helps.

MSD.....

jsimacek is offline Senior Member

Those should work for you Riya, but they are not editable from the cart (must do a web.config change). You might want to look at our http://www.ecommercecartmods.com/p-4...torefront.aspx where you as a admin still can access the site but not logged in non admin users ;-)
    Jan Simacek - Compunix, LLC
    AspDotNetStorefront trusted Devnet Partner and Reseller since 2005

AspDotNetStorefront Mods and Add-Ons at http://www.ecommercecartmods.com/
    - Searching, Filtering and Sorting (like cSearch, Dealer Locator, Price Ranges, Blog)
    - Reports (like Cart Abandonment and Net Sales)
    - Customer Experience (like Question/Answers)
    - Site and Data Management (like Entity Product Mapper, Bulk Updaters, Make/Model/Year filters)

Thank you Jan.
    I did change web.config but it did not work. I tried 2 websites and both were the same...

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

Works fine. Just tested in 8.0.1.2 and there were no issues....

Code:
            <add key="SiteDownForMaintenance" value="true" />
            <add key="SiteDownForMaintenancePage" value="empty.htm" />

cajungirl is offline Junior Member

Default Don't want the CP taken down

Like Riya, I also configured the two parameters in the Web.Config file and it works great on the front-end. However, it also takes down the Admin Control Panel, so I cannot do the updates that I need to do. What's the point?

Are you saying that this adjustment doens't allow access even to the back-end CP and I need to purchase a MOD in order to take only the front-end down?

Please advise. Thanks in advance for your help.

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

Those settings in the web.config are application-wide, yes. Anything you change in there is going to affect both the front and back ends.

You don't really need a mod to take the front end down. It shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes to set up a redirect from the front-end to a 'site down' page in IIS, or even create a new template.ascx file with whatever content you want to display while the site's down. Just swap that out for the live template while you're doing your work, then switch them back when you're done. Or you can temporarily set the ShowBuyButtons AppConfig to false so customers can browse but not actually purchase. Or any of a half dozen other options, there are plenty of ways to temporarily disable the front end if you like, depending on what you want customers to be able to see/do.

Hi,

As upgrading from 8.x to 9.2, I'm facing the same problem again and came back to this issue.
    When upgrading, the main purpose of the "maintenance mode" to us is to check if the payment gateway and real time shipping rate are working correctly. Therefore the admin users need to checkout with cc/Paypal while customers are not allowed to do so.
    Could anyone have any idea to do this?
    Thanks!