Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Installation question "Add application"

dan512 is offline Junior Member

Default Installation question "Add application"

I am currently installing the demo on our web server. I have no problems until page 34 of the demo installation guide. It says to right click on the web server and click "add application," which is not an option (using IIS 5.2, that might be why?)

Does anyone know how to get around this problem with my version of IIS? It says it supports IIS 5.1 and higher, but I can't figure out how to add an application with IIS 5.2. I tried searching this forum, and of course google. Can anyone help?

And sorry if this is on the wrong forum, this is my first post.

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

In IIS 5, right click, go to properties, and on the Home Directory tab, click the Create button to create an application context on the folder.

dan512 is offline Junior Member

Ok a little bit of changed information: Apparently I am running IIS 6. Anyway, I went to the Home Directory like you said, and there is no create button. (I looked this up and it is because there is already a Default Application, which i need to Remove).

So my question: Should I press remove to remove the default application and set up the new application? Will that harm anything?

Thanks

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

If there is already a default application, then you don't have to create the application context. It should work fine. There is no reason to remove it unless you want to move the site to another application pool.