Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Coupon discount for single item if quantity > 1?

rpeters83 is offline Member

Default Coupon discount for single item if quantity > 1?

Right now, if a user puts in a coupon code for a product with a quantity of 2 or more, it does the discount for all the items. Meaning, 2 items at 10 dollars is a sub total of $20. A discount of 10% would be a total of $18, factoring in the number of items.

Is it possible to easily change the stored procedure to have the coupon apply to only ONE of those? Meaning, instead of $18 after the coupon, it would be $19 since the coupon would only apply to one of the items and ignore the quantity.

Possible? thanks.

Ryan

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

It is possible, yes, or you could set it as an order-level coupon (for a dollar amount) instead of a product coupon. Order coupons apply once per order. Product level coupons apply to each product the coupon is allowed for.

Quote Originally Posted by AspDotNetStorefront - Dan View Post
    It is possible, yes, or you could set it as an order-level coupon (for a dollar amount) instead of a product coupon. Order coupons apply once per order. Product level coupons apply to each product the coupon is allowed for.
    Thanks. Is it possible to get around without specifying a dollar amount? does anyone know how to modify the stored procedure to do this? Thanks.

nevermind, i figured it out.

on or around 78 of the SF for [aspdnsf_GetCartSubTotalAndTax], there's a CASE for getting @DiscountPct. I just divided this by the quantity (a.quantity) to get a discount for only one item if the quantity is > 1.

Cmple is offline Junior Member

Hi Ryan,

Could you please let me know the exact place you did it?
    I tried every thing with no luck.

Thanks
    Andrey

Cmple is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by rpeters83 View Post
    nevermind, i figured it out.

on or around 78 of the SF for [aspdnsf_GetCartSubTotalAndTax], there's a CASE for getting @DiscountPct. I just divided this by the quantity (a.quantity) to get a discount for only one item if the quantity is > 1.
    Hi Ryan,

Could you please let me know where is exact place you did it?
    I tryed everything

Thanks
    Andrey

cerdem is offline Junior Member

Just i do not want to open a new thread so im writing here, my question is same as above one

I need to setup coupons for one category, when i do it one coupon can make discount for several items, i need to make discount for only one item if there is more than one ignore others.