Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: RequestCatalog.aspx in version 8.0.1.2

allenjarosz is offline Junior Member

Default RequestCatalog.aspx in version 8.0.1.2

I finally deployed the latest and greatest version 8.0.1.2 and what an improvment over 7.0.2.3

Only problem I encountered is that what worked fine in the early version of the catalog request (catalog request being sent to the correct e-mail address), is now in the later version 8.0.1.2 sending the catalog request to the wrong address. The main store e-mail address. The main store e-mail address is diffrent than the address we use for our catalog requests.

I checked the apconfig {MailCatalog_ToAddress} and it is set to the correct address, yet the catalog requests started go to the wrong address after the upgrade. What other Apconfig do I need to check. The online manual and knoledge base dident have any additional help.

Allen

Jao is offline Senior Member

On a fresh installed ML8012, AppConfig: MailCatalog_ToAddress is no longer existing, and because I believe this is an upgraded site, you have it in your AppConfig parameter list. Anyway, to resolve this issue, on the requestcatalog.aspx.cs, change the highlighted part:

Event: btnContinue_OnClick

Code:
    AppLogic.SendMail(AppLogic.GetString("requestcatalog.aspx.3", SkinID, ThisCustomer.LocaleSetting), Body, true, AppLogic.AppConfig("MailMe_FromAddress"), AppLogic.AppConfig("MailMe_FromName"), AppLogic.AppConfig("MailMe_ToAddress"), AppLogic.AppConfig("MailMe_ToName"), "", AppLogic.MailServer());
    See if that works for you...

Jao,

I'm still a littel confused about where to put the updated code. Here is the compleate text string I found: "public void btnContinue_OnClick(object sender, EventArgs e)"

and I replaced "btnContinue_OnClick" with your patch to get "public void AppLogic.SendMail(AppLogic.GetString("requestcatal og.aspx.3", SkinID, ThisCustomer.LocaleSetting), Body, true, AppLogic.AppConfig("MailMe_FromAddress"), AppLogic.AppConfig("MailMe_FromName"), AppLogic.AppConfig("MailMe_ToAddress"), AppLogic.AppConfig("MailMe_ToName"), "", AppLogic.MailServer());(object sender, EventArgs e)"

But this causes the Catalog routine to throw a Runtime error in web server

Can you confirm where you wanted the replacement to be and what the final syntax should be?

I'm afraid you misunderstood it. Please revert it back to its original state and then, on the btnContinue_OnClick event of the requestcatalog.aspx.cs, look for that line I mentioned earlier and only change the highlighted part: MailMe_ToAddress

Ok, I guess I'm as dumb as a box of rocks then. I still dont get what you want me to change.

Are you saying to change the value "MailMe_ToAddress" found in the above long string?

If so chang it to what? "MailCatalog_ToAddress"

I tried that already and it dosent work.

jasont is offline Member

What he ment was find this line :

Code:
    AppLogic.SendMail(AppLogic.GetString("requestcatalog.aspx.3", SkinID, ThisCustomer.LocaleSetting), Body, true, AppLogic.AppConfig("MailMe_FromAddress"), AppLogic.AppConfig("MailMe_FromName"), AppLogic.AppConfig("MailMe_ToAddress"), AppLogic.AppConfig("MailMe_ToName"), "", AppLogic.MailServer());
    and change to:

Code:
    AppLogic.SendMail(AppLogic.GetString("requestcatalog.aspx.3", SkinID, ThisCustomer.LocaleSetting), Body, true, AppLogic.AppConfig("MailMe_FromAddress"), AppLogic.AppConfig("MailMe_FromName"), AppLogic.AppConfig("MailCatalog_ToAddress"), AppLogic.AppConfig("MailMe_ToName"), "", AppLogic.MailServer());

Thanks for trying to help guys, Still getting no where.

I did get the varibale names changed but that dident help. Now instead of requestcatalog.aspx.cs sending emails to the wrong address, its not sending an email at all.

when we have the varibale "MailMe_ToAddress" in the string we get emails sent to the wrong address, when we change the string to MailCatalog_ToAddress we get no email at all.

Any other Ideas?

I believe because your site is an upgraded one. You have the AppConfig: MailCatalog_ToAddress. Please verify it and make sure its value is the address where you want catalog to be sent. It's working perfectly and smoothly on our end...

Well actually no I dont believe we are an upgrade.

When we installed 8.0.2.3 we decided to be sure and work out the configuration, and ensure we have a viable site before we shut down the previous version, so we installed 8.0.2.3 to a new server as a clean install. Just this week shut off the old server and transfered the DNS to the new server and installation.

p.s. we do indeed have the apconfig {MailCatalog_ToAddress} ID 877 in the Manage AppConfig Parameters and it is set to the correct address we want to recieve the catalog request email to:

Our current work arround is to set the mail server to filter the subject line and redirect to the correct address.

Dusty is offline Member

Odd that you're having issues only with the one AppConfig setting. To debug I'd recommend setting a breakpoint at the SendMail line and check to determine what 'AppLogic.AppConfig("MailCatalog_ToAddress")' resolves to, it may be as simple as a type or needing a cache reset.

Dusty
    ASPDotNetStorefront Staff