Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Need help urgently. Will pay. Using AspDotNetStorefront 6.2.1.14

Groove is offline Junior Member

Default Need help urgently. Will pay. Using AspDotNetStorefront 6.2.1.14

Hello all -

I am a former web developer now business owner and I have my hands full for sure.

My hosting company formerly known as HostMySite, now Hosting.com made some server changes unannouced. They seemed to have tightened security and web site which worked for 3 yrs, now does not.

During the checkout process, users now receive this message:
    Error calling Authorize.net gateway. Please retry your order in a few minutes or select another checkout payment option.

Authorize.Net says this is customer shopping cart error message.

Seriously...I am too busy to debug this and wouldn't know where to look. I will pay $25 immediately to whoever can fix this.

Please help and advice.
    -Shane
    804-794-1667
    shane.fowlkes@justdrumsonline.com

http://www.justdrumsonline.com/store/default.aspx

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

It sounds to me like your provider turned on medium trust and did not allow webpermissions explicitly in their policy file. This will cause any kind of call to a shipping provider, payment gateway, etc. to fail. The host needs to either allow WebPermissions, or you need to find a new hosting provider. Check http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com/t-hosting.aspx

- Dan

Yes. The turned it to "medium". How can I resolve this? Please help...

The host needs to either allow WebPermissions, or you need to find a new hosting provider. Check http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com/t-hosting.aspx
    If the host is unwilling to do this, your only option really is to find a new hosting provider.

I'm inline now to "chat" with them now. This is forcing me to make hiring a on-call developer a higher priority....

BruceLee is offline Junior Member

Default Upgrade your store

Hi,

I think your best solution (if you don't have any custom code mods) is to upgrade to the latest version of the software. You can get www.aspdotnetstorefront.com to do this for you, or we can do it: www.impactecommerce.com.

Upgrading won't help with this particular issue. The site is running OK, however the host is denying WebPermissions, which basically prevents the site from making any outbound HTTP calls. This will cause pretty much any payment gateway, shipping call, etc. to fail.

gorgonmedusa is offline Junior Member

Server Intellect provides custom trust settings. I had some old junk in another app that required full trust and they were happy to help -- and this was shared hosting, too.

bundleshop is offline Junior Member

Default welcome to the club

I've been dealing with this non-stop for a week now, too. HMS/hosting.com support has tried to work through it with me, even adding the gateway and shipping URI's to the whitelist, but that hasn't resolved the problem. And I'm on the latest version of StoreFront -- upgrading isn't going to solve your problem.

PilotShop is offline Member

I'm having the exact same problems, shipping and gateway uri)s) added and still doesn't work...anyone figure out a solution yet from hosting.com?

bundleshop is offline Junior Member

Default solution is leave hosting.com

That's the only solution. I've been banging my head against their collective obstinacy for almost a month now. They cannot do anything for me, including getting me running on their upgraded pro (full trust) plan.

IronDonut is offline Member

Default Hosting

This makes me so happy that we have our own server rack. I would hate to trust my livelihood to the random decisions of a shared hosting provider.

cajungirl is offline Junior Member

I use HMS/Hosting.com and came across this same issue during testing, gave them a call and they fixed it within 5 minutes. Have you tried asking them to look into it? I have been with HostMySite (now Hosting.com) for 5 years now and they are always willing to help with issues. I have never had a problem with their customer service or tech support.