Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Understanding checkoutpayment

kaezr is offline Member

Default [checkout shipping] In-Store Pickup: list of pickup points

Hi guys, I need to understand how the panels in checkoutpayment.aspx work (e.g. the panel that appears when you select Credit Card payment).

I must insert something similar when a customer select a shipping method in checkoutshipping.aspx (i must show a list of pick-up points if the customer don't want the item to be shipped)

Could you give me any hints on how those pages use asp:panel and adnsf:topic?

Thanks!
    Last edited by kaezr; 09-25-2009 at 01:04 AM.
    Running AspDotNetStorefront ML 8.0.1.4

kaezr is offline Member

Ok this is what I understood, but I don't think it's a good solution, because I have to manually add a asp:RadioButton* in checkoutshipping.aspx
    anyway, this is just an idea..

in checkoutshipping.aspx I added:

Code:
    <asp:RadioButton GroupName="ShippingMethodID" ID="ShippingMethodID3" runat="server" AutoPostBack="true" />

<asp:Panel ID="pnlPickup" runat="server" Visible="false">
    <asp:Literal ID="pickup" runat="server" Mode="passThrough"></asp:Literal>
    </asp:Panel>
    in the codebehind:

Code:
    override protected void OnInit(EventArgs e)
    {
    	//
    	// CODEGEN: This call is required by the ASP.NET Web Form Designer.
    	//
    	InitializeComponent();
    	base.OnInit(e);
    }

private void InitializeComponent()
    {
    	ShippingMethodID3.CheckedChanged += new EventHandler(ShippingMethodID3_CheckedChanged);
    	ShippingMethodID3.Text = "my radio button";
    	pickup.Text =	"<div style=\"float:left; margin-left:20px; margin-bottom:20px; padding:10px; width:50%; background-color:#cfdde8\">" +
    			"<p>hi i\'m here asdasd</p><p>hi i'm here asdasd</p><p>hi i'm here asdasd</p><p>hi i'm here asdasd</p><p>hi i'm here asdasd</p><p>hi i'm here asdasd</p><p>hi i'm here asdasd</p><p>hi i'm here asdasd</p>" +
    			"</div>";
    }

void ShippingMethodID3_CheckedChanged(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
    	pnlPickup.Visible = true;
    }

* I think this is the only way, since looking at checkoutpayment.aspx I see that all the payment options are declared manually, then from the codebehind you set the ones you want to be visible.. right?

Any further idea will be appreciated.. Thanks!
    Last edited by kaezr; 09-22-2009 at 09:07 AM.

kaezr is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by kaezr View Post
    I have to manually add a asp:RadioButton
    ok this cannot work.. because adding a shipping option in this way will cause a "No Shipping Method Found. Contact Store Administrator" error.

So I think that the alternative could be
    1) inserting a In-Store Pickup for RTShipping
    2) trying to bind its radio button to a codebehind event via javascript

If the user select this shipping option, I want to display a box containing a list of radio buttons that allow the user to select his favorite pick-up point

Are there other ways to have this feature?

Thanks
    Last edited by kaezr; 09-23-2009 at 07:53 AM.

Dusty is offline Member

You're not to far off what's like to be your optimal method for accomplishing this. When Allow In-Store Pickup is turned on we just add the In-Store Pickup method to the shipping collection after we retrieve the RealTime Rates. The best way to do what you're looking for is at that same point, add a Pickup method for each of your relevant locations and allow the users to select from them.

Dusty
    ASPDotNetStorefront Staff

kaezr is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by AspDotNetStorefront-Dusty View Post
    You're not to far off what's like to be your optimal method for accomplishing this. When Allow In-Store Pickup is turned on we just add the In-Store Pickup method to the shipping collection after we retrieve the RealTime Rates. The best way to do what you're looking for is at that same point, add a Pickup method for each of your relevant locations and allow the users to select from them.

Dusty
    ASPDotNetStorefront Staff
    ok Dusty, I think you're talking about this

Code:
    if(pickupIsAllowed)
    {
    	RTShipping.ShippingMethod s_methodPickup = new RTShipping.ShippingMethod();
    	s_methodPickup.ServiceName = AppLogic.GetString("RTShipping.LocalPickupMethodName", ThisCustomer.SkinID, ThisCustomer.LocaleSetting);
    	s_methodPickup.ServiceRate = AppLogic.AppConfigNativeDecimal("RTShipping.LocalPickupCost");
    	s_methods.AddMethod(s_methodPickup);
    }
    so, i'll have as many s_methodPickup as my pick-up points are,
    and i'll add these objects to s_methods, right?

I'd like the list of pick-up stores to appear in a separate box,
    ONLY if the user selects the "in-store pickup" shipping method, will this be possible?

how can I separate these shipping methods (i.e. the pickup points) from the "real" shipping methods?

and how can I fire up the event that shows the box when the user selects the in-store pickup?

Thank you very much!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Jao is offline Senior Member

Yes, that's right. Regarding the additional box, a panel control that toggles whenever the in-store pickup is ticked could lend a hand.

mskVenus is offline Junior Member

Default How to skip the checkouthsipping.aspx

There is no shipping methos need, so the web site not need pass the checkoutshipping.aspx. When I click the "checkout Now" button, the site will go to the checkoutpayment.aspx. But When I check out, It always prompt me that "No Shipping Method Found. Contact Store Administrator". Could you please give me some advise?

Many Thanks,
    MskVenus

Quote Originally Posted by kaezr View Post
    Hi guys, I need to understand how the panels in checkoutpayment.aspx work (e.g. the panel that appears when you select Credit Card payment).

I must insert something similar when a customer select a shipping method in checkoutshipping.aspx (i must show a list of pick-up points if the customer don't want the item to be shipped)

Could you give me any hints on how those pages use aspanel and adnsf:topic?

Thanks!