Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Topic with XML reference

jamotion is offline Senior Member

Default Topic with XML reference

How do I reference an XML layout for a topic?

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Can you elaborate it a bit? The way I understood your question is you want to call a certain topic inside your xmlpackage? If so, you could try it like this:
    Code:
    <xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:Topic('TopicName')" disable-output-escaping="yes"/>

What I meant was if I was creating a TOPIC and want that lay out to be different, how do I reference a different XML package? ie in this case, I dont want the left menu with categories

Alfred, can I do the same thing from what you have described?

Dusty is offline Member

Not entirely sure exactly what mean, the Topics themselves are entirely content and the topic itself is rendered by the XML Package (that is to say the relationship is the topic is an element of the XML Package rather than the XML Package being an element of the topic). If you wish to display a topic in a different layout you need only to create a new XMLPackage and have a topic element within that package (as shown in Jao's post).

Dusty
    ASPDotNetStorefront Staff

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

... or just put the layour of the topic inside the topic itself as HTML Topics were designed to let you lay out the page any way you want. There is no reason to transform it using an XML package, as it does not contain any dynamic data (the entire reason XML Packages were created was to handle layout of dynamic data).

Sorry, not sure what you mean by putting a layer of topic inside the topic itself... I tried putting html tags such as <table width="100%"> so that it can go take the whole width of the screen by my left navigation bar is in the way... if you can provide a simple example, i would appreciate it.

mongesc is offline Senior Member

How do call out an xml page within an xml page? Let say I wan to place a web.xml.config inside one of my category page?

Is that possible?

Jao is offline Senior Member

Use this format:
    Code:
    <xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:XmlPackage('YourXMLpackageFileName')" disable-output-escaping="yes"/>