Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Make existing product as Kit Product

Rita is offline Senior Member

Default Make existing product as Kit Product

Is it possible to make the existing simple product as Kit Product. When i create a kit product its asking me to input the products with invenotoryvariantid. There is no productvariantid. We need it to ask for Productvariantid, Is it possible to add existing productvariants to a kit.

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

I'm not sure I understand the question here, but it sounds like what you're after is already built in. The 'Inventory VariantID' field does exactly what you're after - you can tie a kit item to an existing product. It's done at the variant level, but as each variant is tied to a parent product, you can accomplish the same thing.

Check out step 6 in the 'Creating a Kit Product' section of this manual page.

Rita is offline Senior Member

Wink Need more help in Kit product

Quote Originally Posted by AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott View Post
    I'm not sure I understand the question here, but it sounds like what you're after is already built in. The 'Inventory VariantID' field does exactly what you're after - you can tie a kit item to an existing product. It's done at the variant level, but as each variant is tied to a parent product, you can accomplish the same thing.

Check out step 6 in the 'Creating a Kit Product' section of this manual page.
    I followed the instructions on setp 6, I added the productvariant ID in Inventory VariantID field. But now when the customer add that new kit item(which is existed already as product variant and has its own price), the price is not getting updated at all.