Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Question about signing in through internet explorer

harsha.gus is offline Senior Member

Default Question about signing in through internet explorer

Hi,
    I have recently noticed that, when i try to login to the storefront from internet explorer, it keeps saying "Please enter your e-mail address." but it will work with the same email ID and password in Firefox / Chrome.

I don't understand why it is?

Could you please check it and let me know what can I do to fix it.

Thanks.
    rbgx
    AspDotNetStorefront ML
    v8.0.1.4

George the Great is offline Senior Member

The only time we've seen this happen is when someone has customized the template or signin page to add another field (or some other modification) that has the same name as the original email box. The required field validator on the page in IE reads both boxes, sees one not-filled-in, and spits out that message. Rename or remove that control from the page or template.
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>

Exclamation Hi

Hi George,
    I appreciate your help in helping to fix this problem.
    Could you please eloborate "same name as the original email box."

please give me more clarity how to proceed in fixing it.

Thanks a lot.
    rbgx
    AspDotNetStorefront ML
    v8.0.1.4

Jao is offline Senior Member

What George was actually referring was the ID attribute of the control, please make sure it uses different name, although, the SDK actually enforces the changes automatically using Generic control naming convention; however, most programmer who uses notepad or any other text editor inadvertently duplicates controls' names.

Default Thank you very much

I could fix that problem.

Thanks
    rbgx
    AspDotNetStorefront ML
    v8.0.1.4

sohan is offline Member

Default send email to admin(customer service email)

Hi!

Is it possible to send email to admin(customer service email) when new customer is registered in store? if I need customization , please hints of files and codes are really appreciated.

Thank you

Sohan
    Last edited by sohan; 10-15-2009 at 04:19 PM.

Jao is offline Senior Member

Please check this link: New Customer Notification to Admin

ComputerPanic is offline Junior Member

My client and now I have noticed this on our aspdotnet storefront login. Only thing is that this is a production store that was working a few days ago but now we cannot log in using our superadmin accounts. I have tried the sql script for resetting the password, re-started the web app and re-encrypting the password. It takes the new password then goes to the prompt to change the password, when you make the change it goes back to the login page, you enter the email address and newly formed password and it just returns to the login page. It does not report any errors of any kind, and it does it in both IE and Firefox. Then it just keeps doing this.

Any ideas? We have not made any changes to the code as discussed in the thread, again it was working fine until like 3 days ago. COuld it have to do with some sort of windows update? Both login machines are running Vista, server is Win2003 with seperate SQL 2005 db server.

Thanks for any advice

Ken