Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Shopzilla POS survey code

WrestlingMart is offline Junior Member

Default Shopzilla POS survey code

We got the html code from Shopzilla to add their survey form to our website (seller ratings) - they say to add this code to our store's receipt page. Can someone tell me where specifically this code needs to be added?

We are running aspdnsf ML 7.1.0.0.

Any/all help will be greatly appreciated.

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

Generally this would be added to the notification.receipt.xml.config file. Make sure that the code is XHTML compliant however (or put it within a CDATA element). Otherwise you could end up breaking your XML package.

Does it matter where in the notification.receipt.xml.config file I put this code from Shopzilla? Within the <package> element or outside of it (which would be at the very bottom of the file)? Or within the <Package Transform> element?

Default Shopzilla POS survey code

I put the below code in the notification.receipt.xml.config file (as suggested) just above the </package> line (very end of file), but the Shopzilla survey does not come up when I place an order.
    I tried putting the code outside of the package element, but that did not work either and caused the view of the receipt to lock.
    I am sure others are using the Shopzilla survey for seller ratings on Google shopping - any advice on how to get this to work?

<![CDATA[
    <!-- BEGIN: BizRate Survey Invitation HTML -->
    <script language="JavaScript" src="https://eval.bizrate.com/js/pos_xxxxxx.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <!-- END: BizRate Survey Invitation HTML -->
    ]]>

dangleberry-music is offline Member

I think you're entering the code in the wrong XML package. The code should be served on the order confirmation page - the XML package which you have altered (I think) is the email notification.

I don't have FTP access at the minute to check the name of the package you need to alter, but its something along the lines of page.orderconfirmation.xml.config
    I entered the code somewhere in amongst all of the code which displays the order details - so basically I think anywhere within the package tags should be OK. As usual, just be sure to take a backup of the fully working file before you change it.

Try that and see how you get on!

Mark

Thanks for the reply Mark. I put the code in the xml package you suggested - page.orderconfirmation.xml.config -, but still no survey prompt. Any other suggestions?

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

Have you tried doing a view source on the page to make sure that the script was there? You could use firebug to debug in firefox.