Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Question about pending charge with debit cards. Fix?

tommytl is offline Member

Default Question about pending charge with debit cards. Fix?

I'm sure everyone knows about the pending charges when authorizing a debit card. I've seen some merchants handling this by doing an authorization of $1 first.. if the authorization passes avs and all is good, then do a "authorize and capture" of the full amount. If it fails.. there is only a pending charge of $1. less of a shock than a pending charges of $300, ouch.

Is there an app config in aspdnsf to do something like this? If not will this be added in the future? We get at least 4 inquiries a day about pending charges on my account.

tommytl is offline Member

anyone?? problem still persists.

I got in contact with authorize.net and they recommended I do the same thing. Authorize $1 then capture the full amount.