Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Email Special Offer

kdalal is offline Member

Default Email Special Offer

I am trying to add a new page call specialoffer.aspx in which customer can give their email address that we send it to our internal email address.

I have created new topic call specialoffer and put the html code,how can i send an email to our internal email address with the email provided by client on submit of that form.

Pdesignz is offline Member

I believe that you just need to reference sendform.aspx or have that in the action of your form tag, and it will send to what ever email address you have stored in the appconfig ...

Dusty is offline Member

Based on what you're trying to do a topic probably isn't the best solution. While this isn't impossible it would be much easier to do with an aspx page. The recommended method would be to create the aspx page with the code to e-mail the customer and add them to your special offers list and add that to your site.

Dusty
    ASPDotNetStorefront Staff

kdalal is offline Member

I have done the same thing you told me and now can take the customer's email address but now I want to store that email address in one of the table that we have so we can send them future email.

How can I do that?I want to use the web.config setting to insert the data into database.

George the Great is offline Senior Member

If you just need to store the email address, then just use a direct INSERT or UPDATE sql query using our database class
    Code:
    DB.ExecuteSQL("your sql query here");
    Make sure that you properly clean/check/encode any user input that is going directly into the database to prevent sql injection attacks and vulnerabilities.
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>