Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Admin Customization

kc123 is offline Junior Member

Default Admin Customization

Hello,

I have customized the admin page with the .xml knowledgebase article. Another question I have is:

Is their a way to have a custom splash page for a user that is not a super admin?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Richnyc30 is offline Senior Member

Question Amin page for reporting

We have a client that needs reports over the web of sales and shipments. Does a report exist for non-admin report readers?

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

kc123:
    At the moment, no. You will have to modify the splash.aspx/cs to remove/hide the information you do not want there for other users to see. We're working on improving that functionality actually, but the best workaround for now would be to set up the other admins with a different IsAdmin value in the customer table in the database, then modify the splash.aspx/cs to only show the particular info if "IsAdmin" has a certain value(s) like that.

Richnyc30:
    With that said, were you referring to bulk sales report module in the front-end? Actually, customers could only view list of orders they placed , and the shipping status(e.g. shipped date, carrier, etc) by going to the account.aspx page, but there isn't something like bulk reports module in the front-end to view all customer sales. Your best option would be granting them admin permissions, but restrict them to certain functionalities. Try to follow this KB https://support.aspdotnetstorefront....barticleid=162

Amazing is offline Senior Member

Default Phone Orders Only

We have modified the menus to only show 1-2 options, and are wondering now if there was any way to remove the entire iframe, and content window?

This would enable the operator to do one thing... phone orders.

I realize if they knew the direct links they could still go there...

Jao is offline Senior Member

Sure, this is possible but could you provide us a screen shot to be exact?

Sure no problem.. is just the main interface without anything but two options.

see image.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Jao is offline Senior Member

Well, removing the IFRAME named content would require you to modify a lot of files that uses this file as its target point. Therefore, the simplest way to achieve this would be to modify the {root}/{AdminDir}/skins/Skin_1/main.ascx and remove or alter the splash.aspx on this section:
    Code:
            <iframe name="content" width="100%" 
                height="100%" align="left"
                scrolling="yes" src="splash.aspx" 
                marginwidth="10" marginheight="10" 
                title="MainWindow" target="_self" 
                border="0" frameborder="0">
            </iframe>

Richnyc30 is offline Senior Member

Default Splash.ascx

I did modify the Admin frontpage via Splash.ascx. Only a couple of wierd calls which need not being called can be dealt with when I have time. The prolem is various levels of admins need to see selective things - other than the menus, which I modified too. I have to look at main.ascx in the admin folders.

You should be able to call any splash page you want dependent on a couple of parameters.

I may have this programed due to the needs of a client and I don't like my own people seeing all the things on the standard Admin page.

I'm not sure why ASPDNS don't seem to feel this is important. To me this is a sine quo non.

What I did was copy main.aspx to another name and did the same with splash.aspx. Then I clipped out the splash.aspx reference from main.aspx, ripped out all the java script etc, but something in there is still pulling up the extra controls and it ends up back at default.aspx... even though I dulicated that too, and renamed it for reference by the other pages...

It is very much a hack to try and make this work, but all we want is our remote CSRs to be able to doing "Phone Order Entry", and not be able to mess with other things. I didn't spend a lot of time on it, but I'd rather spend none

I'm awaiting the new release with the enhanced security controls baked in.