Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Removing customers form mailing list automatically using "remove.aspx"

Jason.Shehane is offline Junior Member

Default Removing customers form mailing list automatically using "remove.aspx"

I noticed there is a page called "remove.aspx" in the site which appears to take the customer guid in a query string called "id". How do I use this with the mailing manager to put a link in each email for automatic removal instead of having my customers reply with "REMOVE ME"?

Thanks,
    Jason Shehane
    Ace Industries, Inc.

Jason.Shehane is offline Junior Member

Just solved my own question by looking in the code behind for the mailingmanager.aspx on the admin site. In the "mailfooter" topic, put %REMOVEURL% where you want the removal link to go, this will put the removal page link and customer guid querystring. So for example you could do this:

HTML Code:
    If you do not want to receive any further mailings, <a href="%REMOVEURL%">click here</a>  to be removed from our mailing list.
    Jason Shehane
    Ace Industries, Inc.

Upscale_Automotive is offline Senior Member

I cannot get that token nor the remove.aspx page to function correctly. Are there modifications needed?