Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Logo Top Left

edewsnap is offline Junior Member

Default Logo Top Left

OK Uncle Uncle
    After 3 hours of searching I have probably the dummest question on this forum. How do I change the logo that flashes YourComany.Com to my own logo. I searched high and low for this option to no avail. I am referring to the logo on the top left corner. I can change it in the CSS but wanted to know if this is accessible through the admin parameters or something like that .

Thanks

Mike The Last Boyscout is offline User

That logo is actually a graphic, located within your {root}\Web\skins\Skin_#\images\ for the skin you are currently using. If you change that image (called logo.gif) to your own, you can then format it via the CSS stylesheet to display correctly on the page.

edewsnap is offline Junior Member

This is killing me, now I am 5 hours into playing with this gif file. I am unable to make it small to fit. No matter how small I make this image using fireworks it show up very large. I have changed the name of the image assuming that perhaps it is cached somewhere.

Mike The Last Boyscout is offline User

The CSS stylesheet has a set height and width, so the image you upload is going to stretch to that size (it is set to 210px by 34px by default). Please go into the stylesheet and change the dimensions of the logo image to the size you wish to display it. That should take care of it!

Richnyc30 is offline Senior Member

Default Not in manual

I tried looking this up in the manual and there is nothing on logos.

diveloper is offline Member

If you are a novice user I recommend that you should not change the file name, you should replace the existing file with your new file. Also if you are a novice user and want to avoid messing with the CSS you should make your new graphic the same dimensions as the existing file graphic. So if you use FW, save your file locally giving it the same name, then simply replace the file on the server and you're done.

Richnyc30 is offline Senior Member

Default Finding logo doc

I thought the parameters might be set in AppConfig. There is no doc on the styles.css file in any case and no indication in the manual of logo parameters. Same is true of the .ProductNameText style which is absent unless you put it in the styles.css file yourself.

Jao is offline Senior Member

The #logo CSS prototype should be found on the {root}/skins/Skin_#/style.css where you could apply all the necessary display attribute for you logo.