Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Order Editing

jazzloft99 is offline Senior Member

Default Order Editing

I saw in the knowledge database that you can actually edit orders. I have customers call me all the time wanting to add items to their orders after they've placed it. Is this possible? How do I enable this feature?

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

To enable that feature, set the OrderEditingEnabled AppConfig to true. You can then see an "Edit" button at the top of the Manage order's page in the admin site beside the Order Number field if a particular transaction qualifies to be edited. Information on which orders can be edited can be found at https://support.aspdotnetstorefront....barticleid=241

Thank you. Is there someplace that actually lists all the config setting? I'm sure there are things that the cart can do that I don't even know about.

Can someone recommend an inexpensive way to produce physical gift cards to send to customers?

The appconfig manager's page (configuration -> Advanced -> appconfig parameters) will actually list all parameters when you click 'All' link located on the left side corner of the page.

newtothis is offline Senior Member

Is it just me or when you go to edit a previous order, you will then be acting as the customer?

When I try to use this, and then perhaps add a new item to card I then have to re-check out and because we have 3D secure activated, it asks for the customers credit card 3D secure password which of course we would never have. Is there anyway to get around this?

Even without 3D secure, it wants the 3 digit security code for credit cards. We obviously wouldn't have his either. So, how do we edit these orders?

Thanks.

If you are doing telephone orders, you probably want to temporarily disable 3D secure by setting appconfig:3DSecure.CreditCardTypeIDs to blank to bypass it. Since you are impersonating the customer, the site makes no differentiation between you and them, so it does invoke 3D secure. Just make sure to put that setting back afterward.

I'm not using 3D secure, but it still wants the 3 digit security code when editing the order. Can that be bypassed?

That's the expected behavior. You can't just do a charge/refund transaction to the customer's CC without having them informed, that's a security requirement (PABP). If you'd really want to bypass that, possible, but you have to modify the source.

Thanks, Alfred. So, and I'm just curious here, what's the purpose of having the ability to edit orders if we can't do it without the customer's credit card security code (which we wouldn't have)?

It's for customer's who wanted to change their orders that they've just placed, probably some reduction/addition of the items quantity, etc. Simple example, if I am the customer ordered from your site and wanted to change/add something from it. I would call in to your store/office, and ask to edit my order/s.

Let me know if you need me to elaborate that a bit.

Dear Alfred,

That sort of makes sense, but surely if a customer calls in and even if they are on the phone and would like their order changed, we can never ask them for their 3D Secure password. So for someone like us with 3D secure enabled, the ability to edit an order via admin even with the customers permission is practically useless...please correct me if I am wrong?

Ah sorry to ask again, but please can someone correct me if I am wrong? This is a feature I havnt been able to use and it would be great if someone could tell me ive had it wrong all this time

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

We already have a to-do item to update this. The workaround at this time would be to temporarily turn off 3D secure when editing an order, and then re-enable it when the order is complete.

I see - ok thank you for getting back.

Can you please just quickly advise what would be the best way to temporarily turn of 3D Secure?

Is this by removing the credit card ID for the card used for the order you are editing in the 3dSecure.CreditCardTypeIds appconfig?

Or did you mean turn it off via the Gatway (i.e. Protx?)
    Last edited by newtothis; 09-13-2009 at 08:28 AM.

Jao is offline Senior Member

Yes, you could do that with the AppConfig: 3DSecure.CreditCardTypeIDs or you could manually comment out the following block on the checkout1.aspx.cs and checkoutreview.aspx.cs:
    Code:
                        if (status == AppLogic.ro_3DSecure)
                        { // If credit card is enrolled in a 3D Secure service (Verified by Visa, etc.)
                            Response.Redirect("secureform.aspx");
                        }
    Then uncomment it back after the order is completed. See if this works for you...
    Last edited by Jao; 09-13-2009 at 08:56 AM.

harsha.gus is offline Senior Member

Exclamation Editing Order

Hi I read all the above Q's & A's but i would like to know.

Can I edit the shipping address, Billing address in the order.

I know we can't charge the customers without their notice.

But some times customers may ask to change the shipping address after they place orders. For that when I click edit order it wont give any option to jus edit eh shipping address, telephone number.

How can I do this.

Please let me know.
    rbgx
    AspDotNetStorefront ML
    v8.0.1.4