Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Recurring Billing and Subscription matrix

matto227 is offline Junior Member

Default Recurring Billing and Subscription matrix

Hello --

Thanks, in advance, for any help you can offer.

I have a suite of subscription items I need to set up in ADNSF. There are four subscriber levels and each is broken into four different payment programs:

Promo Level - 1 month - 3 month - 6 month - 12 month
    Bronze - $49.95 - $45.00 - $42.50 - $37.50
    Silver - $99.95 - $89.95 - $84.95 - $74.95
    Gold - $149.95 - $134.95 - $127.50 - $112.50
    Platinum - $199.95 - $179.95 - $169.95 - $149.95

So, if you wanted a Silver subscription and you wanted a 3 month recurring, you would pay $45/month for three months (or $135 total).

Should I set these up as 16 individual products?
    Or 4 products with 4 variants each?

And how should I set up the products in the site even though there won't be anything shipping? Just as recurring?

And what does that do with shipping, when there isn't any shipping?

Jao is offline Senior Member

The best setting would be to set up 4 products (subscription level) and each has 4 variants (payment program/duration). Moreover, as per your requirement, Recurring yet no shipping required (correct me if I'm wrong, though, if this is what you wanted). If so, under the Variant page, tick the No Shipping Required option button and Yes value of the Is Recurring field.

lleemon is offline Member

Can all of this be done with the base code?

Quote Originally Posted by AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Jao View Post
    The best setting would be to set up 4 products (subscription level) and each has 4 variants (payment program/duration). Moreover, as per your requirement, Recurring yet no shipping required (correct me if I'm wrong, though, if this is what you wanted). If so, under the Variant page, tick the No Shipping Required option button and Yes value of the Is Recurring field.

Jao is offline Senior Member

Yes, the option given could be done without customizing anything. All it takes is product configuration.

Is there a document that gives step by step instructions on how I could do that? Struggling to figure out how to setup a recurring product payment so it only charges their account every month for 30 months then stops.

Thanks.

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

There's nothing built in to put a limit on the number of times the payment will recur, just how often. You would have to manually end the payments after 30 months, or add a little custom code to automate that.

Well, kind of confused. Jao said the example could be done where it only does x payments with no changes. I am guessing now that is an incorrect statement.

Scott- where would I make the changes to do this?

Thanks.

So no one has any ideas where this change would be made?

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

That's going to take several changes. I would start out looking at the RecurringOrderMgr.cs class - maybe add a check in the ProcessRecurringOrder method for the number of recurrences. That'll be up to you to decide how to implement it exactly.

Scott - Thank you very much. I have a quick followup. Where is RecurringOrderMgr.cs located? I only see recurring files in the admin folder:

recurring.aspx.cs
    recurringgatewaydetails.aspx.cs
    recurringimport.aspx.cs
    recurringfundcancel.aspx.cs

The only place I see the method ProcessRecurringOrder called is in recurring.aspx.cs.

Is there any documentation on how a developer can setup their Visual Studio environment for ASPDNSF, to make changes? Just wondering if there are additional files I am missing that I need to use in VS to compile?