Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Newbie-Needs Help w/ Customizing the Home Page

mdelmic is offline Junior Member

Default Newbie-Needs Help w/ Customizing the Home Page

Hallo,

I am very new to this and my knowledge is very limited.
    For any help or advise I will be very greatful.

I would like to accomplish the following;

1. On my homepage I would like to display 20-30 Featured Products identical to the website link below:

www.smokewagongear.com

2. In addition I would like to make the switch on the left vertical navigational manu. I would like to have the Browse Categories on the top, and Browse Manufacturers on the bottom, identical as on this website;

www.smokewagongear.com

Onca again thank you in advance.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

1. Have a look at this manual on how to configure Featured Products. The number of items to be displayed will be based on how many items mapped to the category provided under IsFeaturedCategoryID appconfig.

2. Open up your template.ascx file ({root}/skins/skin_#), locate the (!SECTION_TITLE!) parser token, below, you should see these lines:
    Code:

<div class="navHeader">Browse (!StringResource Name="AppConfig.ManufacturerPromptPlural"!)</div>
    <div class="leftNav" id="manufacturers">(!XmlPackage Name="rev.manufacturers"!)</div>
    <div class="navHeader">Browse (!StringResource Name="AppConfig.CategoryPromptPlural"!)</div>
    <div class="leftNav" id="categories">(!XmlPackage Name="rev.categories"!)</div>
    switch it to:

Code:

<div class="navHeader">Browse (!StringResource Name="AppConfig.CategoryPromptPlural"!)</div>
    <div class="leftNav" id="categories">(!XmlPackage Name="rev.categories"!</div>
    <div class="navHeader">Browse (!StringResource Name="AppConfig.ManufacturerPromptPlural"!)</div>
    <div class="leftNav" id="manufacturers">(!XmlPackage Name="rev.manufacturers"!)</div>

mdelmic is offline Junior Member

Default Thank you for the advise..

The second part worked out great.

However, I looked at the Featured link that you have provided and some more to find out where to chang the number of products displayed at the home page.

I was unsuccessful.

Please help..

Thank you