Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: How Change Template For Featured Products on Home Page

ksuvalk is offline Junior Member

Default How Change Template For Featured Products on Home Page

Playing with the home page, we have set up a featured category, marked products as featured, and set the appconfig to be the correct category id.

When featured products are displayed on the home page, where do we set the template that is used for that display? We need that display to be different than what the users sees when they drill into the Featured category itself.

Thx

Mike The Last Boyscout is offline User

To change the way that is displayed on the homepage, you would need to edit the featuredproducts.xml.config file. That is located in the {root}\Web\XmlPackages folder.

Yep just found that - thanks! Issue is better but not solved yet...

So I set up a featured category, mapped products to it, and tweaked the template to show what we need on that page. The two remaining issues are:

1. PHONE ORDER ENTRY STILL DOES NOT WORK
    I was hoping that by generating the product information via a template instead of hard-coding the values, phone order entry would work correctly. But it doesn't seem to be the case. When clicking a store-generated add to cart button it seems to kill the phone order entry

This is what I'm really trying to accomplish!

2. In the template I'm using, the product summary does not seem to be displaying. The template I am using is as follows, based on a good example found in the forums.
    Last edited by DanV; 09-23-2009 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Please do not post entire code files on the forums

Issue #2 solved. The aspdnsf_GetFeaturedProducts sp wasn't returning the Summary column so tweaked it.

Now, just need to figure out how to make sure IGD (phone order entry) can work on this page.

Any hints?!

Thx

mongesc is offline Senior Member

I still cannot find that xml file featuredproducts.xml.config in the Root/xmlpackages folder. Is it because we have older version? (AspDotNetStorefront ML 8.0.0.0/8.0.0.0)

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

That's correct, that was only changed to an XML package in version 8.0.1.1. Prior to that, the featured items display is generated by AppLogic.GetSpecialsBox.

Oh I see. Where can I find this featiure?

thanks

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Try putting any of your category ID in appconfig: IsFeaturedCategoryID parameter, featured items box will show up on your homepage.

I did this already. But the thing is I can not get it to display grid format on the homepage. I just wonder if this is possible in older version of aspdnsf. If there is, can you help show me how to do this?

thanks!

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

The display format is pretty much the same in either the new or older versions. The newer ones just use an XML package to generate the display. You can mod the XML package to output the products in any format you want.

Which XML package should I be looking at? thanks

Jao is offline Senior Member

Featured Product XML package: featuredproducts.xml.config

Thanks for your response. THe thing is, I have version 8.0.0, that file is not there. Is there another file I can use fo this?

thanks

In your case, I'm afraid version ML8000 does not include that XML package and the Featured products is actually handled by the following methods on the XSLTExtensionBase.cs (you'll need a source code for you to view and modify this):

GetSpecialsBoxExpandedRandom
    GetSpecialsBoxExpanded

So there is no easier way around this? What folder would this file be under?

thanks

If you have the source code, it should be under the ASPDNSFCommon.