Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Free First Class Mail Shipping for One Product

SRT is offline Senior Member

Default Free First Class Mail Shipping for One Product

I would like to offer a free shipping offer for one specific product. The free shipping must be valid only for the First Class shipping method; all other shipping rates would be at full price.

I tried the "free shipping" variant for the product; however, there are several issues:
    a) all shipping options, including express mail, become free...which I don't want

b) in the shopping cart page where one can select a shipping method, the regular shipping rates still appear. It's only when a customer goes to enter the credit card information does one see "$0.00" for Shipping of that particular SKU.

I looked at the coupon method, but I don't see a "free shipping" option. If I use a dollar amount on a coupon, the dollar discount goes against the product price, not the shipping costs.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

MelanieA is offline Junior Member

Make sure that the Shipping Method ID indicated on your ShippingMethodIDIfFreeShippingIsOn is the Shipping ID of First Class Mail. If you run the same issue, please contact support and one of our Support Engineers may assist you with this matter.

Will your directions apply to all products if I make this change?

I want to offer free first class shipping on one specific item only; this offer is not valid for any other products or any other shipping methods in my online store.

Any response to this?

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Once the ShippingMethodIDIfFreeShippingIsOn parameter is set, it is active across the board. There's no current setting to only allow it on a specific product. Though it is doable via customization.

virtualtap is offline Senior Member

Different issue, but what are you using to print shipping labels for first class mail?
    Thanks!
    MSX

Sometimes I use stamps.com, sometimes I use UPS labels.

virtualtap is offline Senior Member

Did you integrate Stamps.com with ADNSF?
    MSX