Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Image and document library

jackk@vanadiumtech.com is offline Member

Cool Image and document library

I would like to dedicate a section of the site to displaying images or documents. I see References to entity type "Library", but that's where it all dead ends. Is there a means for allowing admins to upload images/documents through the admin and rendering those using existing entity.library.xml.config. and if so is there any documentation on this?

is this used for anything: entity.library.xml.config?
    Jack K
    solutions provider
    www.VanadiumTech.com
    Jackk@vanadiumtech.com
    (800) 480-5659

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

Libraries were something we started to add and then never finished implementing, so there'd be a large amount of customization involved in trying to use those. Your best bet would be using an image gallery, or putting the content you want in a topic page.

Muckman is offline Junior Member

Default to whom it may concern

this can be done...

it took me about 1 day (on ML9) - i did not start with the library, but copied all "section" entity related stuff...

now we use this new entitys to display other content that everyone may enter in the "description" field.

p.s.: the sp GetProducts "filters" the products in the "sort" part of the procedure - to find this out took 1/3 of total time...