Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Use SKU as key

hjh is offline Junior Member

Default Use SKU as key

Planning to make som ERP integration in ERP system.

The key on the ERP's ProductTable is itemid "SKU" which is defined as string. Is there a possibility to use the product service with the "SKU" as key for maintaining the products in ADNSF.

cdru is offline Junior Member

I actually am dealing with this exact issue as well. The work around that I did was make a direct database query retrieving the item numbers and SKUs, then loaded them into a hash table. From there, whenever I needed a mapping it's just a quick query away.

This obviously breaks using only web service(s), but it was acceptable in our case.

The other option is to maintain item guids in your ERP and use them instead of item numbers.