Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Different registration for downloadable products

jamijares is offline Junior Member

Default Different registration for downloadable products

Hi I am almost finished developing an online bookstore. It sells books and ebooks. The client wants to allow shoppers of ebooks to have a very quick checkout process with only email to receive the download link. That means no address or any other data.
    Is it possible to have two checkout processes if buying physical product vs from downloadable product?
    How can it be done?
    Thank you

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

That's not possible 'out of the box', no. You can use things like one page checkout (Checkout.UseOnePageCheckout), anonymous checkout (PasswordIsOptionalDuringCheckout), and forcing the addresses to be the same (AllowShipToDifferentThanBillTo) to trim the checkout process down, but it's always going to be the same for all customers.

jamijares is offline Junior Member

Red face Why do I have two different payment flows?

Continuing with the previous post I have discovered that after fidling with the app config parameters I ended up with two different payment processes for the digital downloadable ebooksand for the physical books.
    Why do I have a one page payment process for the physical books (The one I want) and a register first then 5 six steps purchase process (which I dont want)?
    What do I have to change in the ebooks configuration in order to have the same payment process that I have in the physical books?
    All advice will be greatly appreciated.