Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: special shipping method for *some* products

tlReingold is offline Junior Member

Default special shipping method for *some* products

Does anybody know the best way to have a particular shipping method available to only a handful of products?

For example, my store has ~300 products and they all can ship Ground, 2nd Day, Next Day. However two of those products need to have a fourth shipping option available, call it 'Special Shipping'.

Any ideas on how to set this up?

(I'm not using real-time shipping)

textbox is offline Junior Member

Great question. I would actually like to know how to do this as well.

Jao is offline Senior Member

Well, this could be done by modifying the GetShippingMethodList method of the ShoppingCart.cs which actually populates the radio button list on particular conditions. Although, by default, the shipping method listing is dependent on what mapping the shipping option is tied to. Mostly on the address itself (State and Country), therefore, there's a need for you to add another table, say, ShippingMethodToProductMap: necessary fields/columns are ShippingMethodID and ProductID.

mitian33 is offline Junior Member

Default special shipping method for *some* products

I would also like to have the shipping method based upon produts. So can you please elaborate on modifying the method and how to use ShippingMethodToProductMap table?

It would be helpful if you can give some details on this .

Thanks in advance.