Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: An amazing feature

ssgumby is offline Senior Member

Default An amazing feature

I cannot praise WSI enough. I have been working on creating a warehouse management system to help ensure we pack and ship accurate orders. I had this written previously in Java, but while moving my PHP cart to ASPDNSF my host has blocked external access to the database so I can no longer connect via JDBC.

I wrote this new version to pull all new orders into a local db using WSI. Very simple!

Warehouse worker scans order id and is given a list of items. They then scan each item they pulled and it compares to what the system has.

If the UPC does not match, I then use WSI to lookup the product scanned and display it in another table.

I also added another table that Fedex writes tracking info to. I have a timer thread that runs once per hour and reads tracking info and using WSI writes this data back to ASPDNSF. It also sets the order as shipped and captures the funds.

While im not live yet, this looks like it will improve efficiency tremendously! Just capturing funds alone will save so much time. Currently we have to login to auth.net and capture individually each day.

I just am so thrilled with WSI and continue to see more and more use for this feature.

Mike The Last Boyscout is offline User

Thanks. We're always glad to hear about happy customers!