Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Mapping products to entities which have &

sveerapally is offline Junior Member

Default Mapping products to entities which have &

Hi,
    I have existing entities with & in it like 'Storage & Transport' . While trying to add a product to this entity through wsi, I am sending the data like

<AspDotNetStorefrontImport Verbose='true'>
    <Transaction><Product Action='Add'>
    <Entity EntityType='Category' XPath='Storage & Transport'/>
    </Product>
    </Transaction>
    </AspDotNetStorefrontImport>

But since it has & in it, the xml is not well formed. I tried to use &amp; and &#38; but of no use. Please help me in this regard.

Thanks,
    sveerapally

Dusty is offline Member

Using Storage &amp; Transport should resolve correctly, in what way is this failing?

Dusty
    ASPDotNetStorefront Staff

ssgumby is offline Senior Member

I can confirm what Dusty says ... I used WSI for all my products, many have & and I encoded them to &amp; and was able to upload with no issues.

sveerapally is offline Junior Member

Hi,
    I tried and it was working fine now. I couldn't understand the reason as it didn't work earlier , may be i would have done some mistake in syntax

Thanks,
    sveerapally