Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Receipt XML Package

ssgumby is offline Senior Member

Default Receipt XML Package

Seems the emailed receipt and the receipt (packing slip) printed from the admin both use the same xml package (notification.receipt) but they use different style sheets.

Is there a way in the xml package to determine whether it is email version or printed version? I have something I want to display in the printed version but dont want to display in the emailed version.

Thanks

Just wanted to bump this back up to see if someone might have an idea.

George the Great is offline Senior Member

Which version of AspDotNetStorefront are you running? Are you using the old receipt format, or the new one?

In any case, you can tell if you are in the admin site using
    Code:
    <xsl:if test="/root/System/IsAdminSite = 'True'">
    </xsl:if>
    If you need to find out if you are on the receipt.aspx page (which is the page that opens if you select the print option), you can check with
    Code:
    <xsl:if test="/root/System/PageName = 'receipt.aspx'">
    </xsl:if>
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>

Im on 8.0.1.2

How do I know what the old versus new is?

The check for isadmin should do the trick! I want an image (barcode) to print when printing the slip that will go with the package and I dont want it to show when the customer receives the email.

Thanks!

George the Great is offline Senior Member

Old format has no colors (all plain text...black and white). New format (assuming you haven't made any changes to it) has the blue table headers
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>

crandelj is offline Junior Member

Default Different style sheets?

Does anyone know where the big "Shipping Method: xxx" header comes from when you print these from admin?

I need to remove that header and make some other modifications that only apply to the receipts when printed from admin, leaving the customer receipt format unchanged.

Thanks,
    Jeff

Jao is offline Senior Member

Could you provide us a screen shot?

crandelj is offline Junior Member

Default figured it out

Ok, I found it. I had been looking in the notification.receipt.xml package and couldn't find it. Thats because its not there.

When you use the "Bulk Printing Report" from orders, the printreceipts.aspx page does the added content to the top of the page with "PAYMENT METHOD:" + SM in the code. (2 places, one above the other in the bottom of the cs file).

So, you have to edit printreceipts.aspx.cs and take out that hard coded text. Make sure you don't comment out the whole line because those lines add the page breaks in the report.

So if you don't like that big shipping method notice at the top of your bulk receipts report, this is where you can change it.

Richnyc30 is offline Senior Member

Default Ver 9 receipt

In ver 9 what are the exact lines to delete and how do I leave the line feeds? I tried deleting the lines in printreceipts.aspx.cs but that didn't seem to work. Is a rrecompile needed?

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

In printreceipts.aspx.cs, search 'admin.printreceipts.ShippingMethod' string, and comment out those lines. No recompilation needed!