Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: use a preset shipping price on some items

slicklocrian is offline Member

Default use a preset shipping price on some items

We use AIMsi and Active-E to upload our products into aspdotnetstorefront. We have been inputting dimensions e.g. 11.5x9x22, and weights in lbs. It works, but we would like to have a preset price for mailable items like a pack of guitar strings (Canada Post charge of $2.80 if irregular size less than 1 lbs).

In AIMsi, I'll enter a shipping charge of $3.80 e.g. and when I upload the product through Active-E, that information is missing.

If I try to buy a set of 6.95 strings, the shipping choices appear. Can the checkoutshipping.aspx be bypassed for a small batch of products, so anyone in North America can buy a pack of strings and automatically be charged $3.80 for shipping?

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

You can't mix fixed rate and realtime rates without customization. If you're going to specify rates for products, you'll have to do it for all of them.