Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: update tax rates

dnewman is offline Junior Member

Question update tax rates

Hi,
    In order to manage the ziptaxrates table we would like to do batch updates. There are way too many zip codes to manage this manually, and the clients will not do it.
    I have SQL to update the table, and the taxes are being calculated correctly in the checkout, but when I view the ZipTaxRates in the Admin panel, they are not reflecting the table contents. I can get them in sync with a Reset Cache.

Is there a way to do a Reset Cache from a batch program?

I tried to set the cach off in the Config table and I've set the timeout to a lower value (we are using 60), but the panel is not being refreshed unless I do a Reset Cache.

Thanks for your help!

dnewman is offline Junior Member

Post I Resolved it...

I resolved it by turning on WSI and doing a reset cache call there.
    I'd still like to have a batch method to do this because we are not using the WSI for anything else and it's a hazard having it open.

F.Y.I. the reset call is:
    <AspDotNetStorefrontImport> <ResetCache Confirm="true"/> </AspDotNetStorefrontImport>

I appreciate having the interface, but there should be other options as well.
    If anyone has a different approach, I'd like to hear it.

Thanks!