Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Custom Text on email confirmation/receipt

jayd is offline Junior Member

Default Custom Text on email confirmation/receipt

Can you add custom text or graphics on email confirmation/receipt the customer receives when they place an order?

Also is there a GUI when editing a skin?

Thanks for any help

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

You can edit the 'notification.receipt.xml.config' file in the XmlPackages folder if you want to make changes to the receipt.

As for the skin, you can use applications like Dreamweaver and Visual Studio which make skinning a bit more 'GUI-like', but as those programs don't know how our skinning engine works they're never going to be able to render the skin perfectly. All you can do is make your edits, upload them to the site, and see how they look.

Default Note a coder

Thanks for the xml file information but unfortunately I an not a coder. So there is no gui for custom headers and footers to email receipts or receipts in general?

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

The usual email footer is generated by the 'mailfooter' topic, which does have a GUI editor. You can edit that to insert custom text or images.

Default Is this email footer used by the confirmation email?

Is this email footer used by the confirmation email?. The text to change reads . this is not spam you elected to receive this email. So it makes me think this is only used for email group mailings. Is it also used for confirmation email. Thanks for your help.

pairsfoundation is offline Junior Member

Default Custom Receipts

Is there a way to customize a receipt per product? There is one product I am selling I need one kind of receipt and I can use the default for the rest. How do I set this up?
    Thanks.