Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: UPS vs UPS2

hjavaher is offline Member

Default UPS vs UPS2

Hi,
    I currently have Negotiated rated that I receive with UPS worldship, On the storefront, Every time i try to use UPS2 it gives me the following error.

UPS Error: GetNegotiatedRates is 'true', but no negotiated rates were returned. Cantact UPS to ensure that you are authorized to receive negotiated rates.

1) I have tried setting RTshipping.ActiveCarrier = UPS2
    2) I have tried setting RTshipping.ActiveCarrier = "" and RTShipping.DomesticCarriers = UPS2 and RTShipping.InternationalCarriers = UPS2

The above will generate the top error, and if I use only "UPS" it works and I get the Live rates, however they are not negotiated rates.

Could you please advise?

Thank you,
    Hiva Javaher

MelanieA is offline Junior Member

Please submit ticket to support and one of our Support Engineers may assist you with this matter.

ssgumby is offline Senior Member

This link might be of help.

http://forums.aspdotnetstorefront.co...highlight=UPS2

I would guess that while you have discounted rates, your discounted rates have not been programmed into their live rate server. Contacting your local UPS tech support will probably be of use for you.

hjavaher is offline Member

Default Thank you,

I will be calling our adviser and will get back with the results.

Thanks
    Hiva

Also, I just read this so be sure your account is tied to online tools.

Also, just having a developer's access key with UPS is not enough. That key HAS TO BE TIED TO UPS ONLINE TOOLS or you will only get their standard rates. By default, when you request an access key you will only get access to the basic services (real time rates, etc.) but not necessarily the same rates that are tied to your World Ship account even though you are requesting the access key through the same UPS account number.

conquerdev is offline Junior Member

Post Find a Solution?

Did you find a solution to this? I have made all of the changes in my app config and verified with UPS the settings are active on their end. Everything works great, but when I set the get negotiated rates to "true" it all fails.

Thank you,
    Kristofer

"it all fails" ... is there an error message?

conquerdev is offline Junior Member

Yes, I should have been more clear instead of saying "it all fails". I actually get an error message that says -

“UPS Error: GetNegotiatedRates is 'true', but no negotiated rates were returned. Contact UPS to ensure that you are authorized to receive negotiated rates.”

If I change the “RTShipping.UPS.GetNegotiatedRates” to false it does return rates (non-negotiated), but if it is set to true I get the above error. I have communicated with UPS and they say the UPS Tools is set to "Negotiated Rates for Developer Kit, ups.com and UPS Ready".

Could this be an issue with the software or is it for sure UPS? Just curious if anyone else has had this issue or found a solution to it.

Thank you,
    Kristofer

Ok, yes I did have this issue. It was in fact something on UPS end. Basically I had use negotiated rates set and working then one day (about two months ago) it started failing with that exact error message. I contacted my UPS rep and they did something on their end to fix it.

Also, if you can debug the code you can see the xml with the negotiated rates is not returned to you so UPS is flat out not sending it to you and thats what throws the error.

Bottom line is it is something not setup properly on the UPS side.

You could turn debug on (Dump Realtime Rates app config) and show the UPS tech team the xml request and response.

harsha.gus is offline Senior Member

Exclamation But to dump XML

But to dump xml on chekoutshipping.aspx when we enable UPS2 we get the error
    Code:
    UPS Error: GetNegotiatedRates is 'true', but no negotiated rates were returned. Cantact UPS to ensure that you are authorized to receive negotiated rates.
    how can we get the xml to show to the UPS
    rbgx
    AspDotNetStorefront ML
    v8.0.1.4