Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Disable multiple shipping address

crystalpie is offline Junior Member

Exclamation Disable multiple shipping address

Hi,

We are trying to disable the multiple shipping address. But it seems like if we enable the gift option, the multiple shippping address is automatically turned on.
    Is there a way we can enable the gift option but disable the multi shipping address?

If the first question is not doable, how can we config the store front so that we charge a fixed amount of money for every shipping address the customer requested instead of flat rate for every order?

This matters a lot to our business model. Thanks!

MelanieA is offline Junior Member

This feature is designed by purpose, if you disable Multiple Shipping option for this, the Gift registry will no longer work as expected and as it was designed for.

You may use Calculate Shipping By Weight & Zone or Calculate Shipping By Total & Zone in a way you may set a fix price for at least every Shipping Address. Or perhaps set your Shipping Calculation as Real Time Rates for calculation per Shipping Address.

crystalpie is offline Junior Member

Thank you for your reply!

I understand that multi-shipaddress is bundled together with the gift registry function. Our dilamma is we have already enabled gift registry and we still want to disable the multi-address. I found a workaround, we can hide the button which allow the customer to input a different shipping address at checkout. Do you think this might work? Is this the only thing we need to do to disallow customers to input multiple address? Will that be any potential issues?

Thanks again!

iberniztok is offline Junior Member

Have you found a solution for this? I can not figure out why it doesnt insert the shipping address data in the orders table on checkout.

i commented out the collowing chunk of code in the gateway.cs file which i thought was the reason why its nulling all the shipping address data.. but it still doesnt work.

if (cart.HasMultipleShippingAddresses() || cart.HasGiftRegistryComponents())

We need this to export to ups worldship.. any help would be appreciated.. thanks.

iberniztok is offline Junior Member

Cool

found out the problem.. here is a link to the follow up

http://forums.aspdotnetstorefront.co...ad.php?p=79421