Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: How do I create a site datafeed?

deanfp is offline Senior Member

Default How do I create a site datafeed?

I really have no idea! Never done one before.

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

What exactly are you wanting to do? If you're referring to sitemaps, check out our directions in the manual for Google and Yahoo.

If you're after a product feed to upload to Googlebase, that's in the manual as well.

Rob is offline Senior Member

We also have a good product feed thread here in the forums (shopping.com, googlebase, amazon, etc)...
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Shopping Cart

Hi

Thanks for the replies. I have created both an XML and HTML sitemap but what I am looking to create is a data feed for Google Webmaster admin.

This would contain

Product name
    Price
    Description
    Website URL etc

We are going to migrate our SQL database to our own server in three weeks but both our site and Storefront DB are hosted via a third party. We currently do not have WSI.

Is there anyway this can be done using Storefront (Verson 7.0.1.0) ?

Default Google Shopping

Anyone know any SQL script that can do this or is it possible from WSI?

We want to get all our products into Google Shopping and this is the format that is required.

mongesc is offline Senior Member

I tried uploading the google.txt generated by the feed in the aspdnsf. I read the manual and everything. I set up an account with GoogleBase and when I uploaded the google.txt file, it came back with the following errors in googlebase.

Missing recommended attribute: weight - Warning
    Missing required attribute: condition (526 errors)
    Prohibited word in attribute: description (2 errors)
    Missing required attribute: description (1 error)

Is the feed working properly? How can I correct this feed?

thanks

Sennaya is offline Member

At the end of September Google Base for products became Google Merchant Center.

They added an attribute for condition <g:condition>new</g:condition> that is apprently not in the ML 8.0 feed generator.
    If you can find the feed file and add the statement for each item using a text editor.
    <g:condition>new</g:condition>

Google does prohibit some words like "gun" and "weapon." You'll have to remove them before those items will be accepted.

And if you add the description statement
    <description>These soft widgets will keep you warm this winter.</description>
    the one item will be accfepted.

If the file is manually edited and ftp'd to google it should work.
    Be nice if there was an update to aspdotnetStorefront to take care of the condition statement and automate the process like it is intended.

Any chance of that?

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

We have an update for that, yes. Please send a ticket to support regarding this with your order number, AspDotNetStorefront version, and will send you the patch. Thanks

Thoughts2009 is offline Junior Member

Default feed update

After the google (condition) update is applied to the database does the condition get added to the feed for all subsequent new products added to the database?

Sennaya is offline Member

If you file a support ticket and get the ML 8.0 updates, you apply a query on the database and update a couple files and you are good to go for the future.
    Worked fine for me, thanks!

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thoughts2009 View Post
    After the google (condition) update is applied to the database does the condition get added to the feed for all subsequent new products added to the database?
    If everything has been followed per the update instruction, yes.