Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: No Result XML Coming Back on Error

SurfAndSwim is offline Junior Member

Default No Result XML Coming Back on Error

I am not sure if this is a change in the way the program works or if it is caused by something I'm uploading.

Right now I am uploading products into the system and updating them through the WSI. It works fine until I try to upload the "Description" using CDATA inside the <Description></Description>. I've run one product and it works fine, but when I run all of my products about 1000, some sort of error is occurring in the WSI that yields no result XML. The return from invoking the call is empty string. So I think something failed, but I have no idea which item did.

I suppose I could send updates one at a time instead of in a bulk hit and that would make it so that I can isolate the problem, but I'd rather just get some sort of error, even if it is an error caused by trying to report the error.

When the result of the operation is successful, I get a list of products that succesfully synchronized.

Thanks for the help!

Mike The Last Boyscout is offline User

You may want to try using the test client we provide in our WSI Documentation to run a test import of your XML with the "Show Raw Errors" box checked to see if it will return an error message for you that way.