Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Different downloadable formats

tmai is offline Junior Member

Default Different downloadable formats

I would like a downloadable product to have several formats (PDF, TXT, MP3). I've been configuring the Variant menu to where you can select different formats through Color Option Prompt, but this variant only has 1 Download Location path. How can you set up so the correspond Download Location will correctly emailed to the customer? So if the customer choose PDF, PDF file location will be pick; if choose TXT, TXT file location will be pick.

My coding is limited, more details is appreciated. Thanks.

George the Great is offline Senior Member

Almost all downloadable content will require some sort of custom development...because almost all requirements for downloadable content are different. In this case, you may be able to get by with creating separate variants for each of the formats, and giving each their own download location value (you could even use the product.variantsindropdown.xml.config xmlpackage to give the same type of feel to the page where the user selects the format from a dropdown box).

This will work for simple downloads, but if you need download management type features (eg. how many times can it be downloaded, do users need to be authenticated before they can download so they can't give the link to all their friends, do the downloads expire, etc...) then you'll most likely need to develop a custom download management tool that meets your specific requirements.
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>