Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Moving server and need to know if I am doing this correctly

deanfp is offline Senior Member

Default Moving server and need to know if I am doing this correctly

Hi

We are moving our DB from a shared server to a new server in around 6 weeks.

We currently do not have access to the database as it is managed by a third party. We do however own the licences and data.

Once this has been installed we have complete access and ownership to our DB. I was wondering if anyone had been in this scenario before? If so what did they do to ensure it went as smoothly as possible.

Our current hosts are handing this over blind and being an IT team of one any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dusty is offline Member

There's not a whole lot to the move so your host should be able to handle it without much difficulty. Basically the process is just to make a backup of your database on the current server and restore it on the target server. There's really nothing additional you can do to ensure the process runs smoothly other than ensure that you're staying in contact with all concerned parties to make sure you're all on the same page.

Dusty
    ASPDotNetStorefront Staff