Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Customizing Admin Permission level

hjavaher is offline Member

Default Customizing Admin Permission level

Hi,
    I am trying to customize the permission, I am trying to hide the Common Links section to all the users that are not super admins. by code using

If Not(ThisCustomer.IsAdminSuperUser) then
    ' Set the commonlinks' visibility to false
    end if

However I keep getting the error following error. Could you please advise?

Thanks,
    Hiva Javaher

Server Error in '/aspdotnetstorefront/web' Application.
    Compilation Error
    Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: BC30456: 'lnkCacheSwitch_Click' is not a member of 'ASP.goofy_splash_aspx'.

Source Error:

Line 110: <tr><td align="right" style="white-space:nowrap"><font class="subTitleSmall">Is Secure Connection:</font></td><td><asp:Literal ID="ltServerPortSecure" runat="server"></asp:Literal></td></tr>
    Line 111: <tr><td align="right" style="white-space:nowrap"><font class="subTitleSmall">Caching Is:</font></td><td>
    Line 112: <asp:LinkButton ID="lnkCacheSwitch" runat="server"
    Line 113: onclick="lnkCacheSwitch_Click">LinkButton</asp:LinkButton></td></tr>
    Line 114: <tr><td align="right" style="white-space:nowrap"><font class="subTitleSmall">Primary Store Locale Setting:</font></td><td><asp:Literal ID="ltWebConfigLocaleSetting" runat="server"></asp:Literal></td></tr>

Source File: C:\InetPub\Websites\myvitaco_com\aspdotnetstorefro nt\web\goofy\splash.aspx Line: 112

MarkC is offline Developer

looks like you're missing the event handler "lnkCacheSwitch_Click", probably you've accidentally removed it or commented out.

hjavaher is offline Member

Default I am afraid that is not the case

I am afraid that is not the case, I have already checked and confirmed that that event handler is there. The only thing I have added is that code and nothing else.

Thanks for a quick response,
    Hiva Javaher

MarkC is offline Developer

check the modifier for lnkCacheSwitch_Click, it's probably private, should be protected or public