Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: "Sale Specials!" on homepage

wphu is offline Junior Member

Default "Sale Specials!" on homepage

Hi everyone,

I am pretty new to using this software, so I would appreciate any help you guys can give me.

I currently have products that are set up on the Featured Products page, which are also displayed on the home page. On the homepage - I want to change the "Sale Specials!" tab on top of the products to say "Featured Products" but can't seem to figure out where to do that.

Does anyone know a solution?

Thanks in advanced!

George the Great is offline Senior Member

The Sale Specials! that you are referring to is an image, which you can find at skins/Skin_#/images/Specialsexpanded.gif. If you want to change this, you'll need to create your own image and name it Specialsexpanded.gif, or change the code to use a different image of your choosing.
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>

Louie is offline Senior Member

This is using an image name specialsexpanded.gif which is located in the root\skins\Skin_#\images where 3 is the number of the skin you are using.

wphu is offline Junior Member

Ah thanks! Do I need to be a superadmin to edit this?

Louie is offline Senior Member

Nope. As discussed by George you would need to access this through your code. It is either you replace the image with a different image but the same file name. Or point the code to a new image the you have created

pairsfoundation is offline Junior Member

Default Featured Products on homepage

Is there a way to modify the title? It says: "Checkout our hottest specials!" under sales specials... I want to modify this. Where do I modify this?

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

We'd need to see the site to even try to guess, there's a hundred ways that could be done depending on your skin

pairsfoundation is offline Junior Member

Default re:

pairsusa.com
    please let me know what you think,
    thank you!

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

You can edit the text in the String Resource Mgr (Content -> String Resource Mgr) and search default.aspx.2.