Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Setting up ASPDNSF in IIS6

EAD_Apparel is offline Junior Member

Default Setting up ASPDNSF in IIS6

Hi,

I am trying to setup my storefront in II6 and I followed the instructions on your online manual, but when all is done I am receiving the error.

Access to the path 'C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\AspDotNetStorefront\Web\web.co nfig' is denied.

What did I do wrong?

Thanks,
    Mike

MelanieA is offline Junior Member

Please make sure that your web folder was set as an application on your IIS.

Thanks,

I got that working, but now all the image links that are working on the live site with a reference to images/ then the filename aren't showing up, just the red 'x'

I have access set to the aspnet, iuser, and network system.

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

Generally that occurs when the IUSR account does not have read access to those files/folders. You can verify by bypassing asp.net and just browsing to the image directly (eg. enter http://localhost/images/myimage.gif into the browser address box on the server). If it does not display, There is a problem with IIS that is preventing it from serving static content.

Thanks,

I already tried viewing the images locally and I get the message

"You are not authorized to view this page"

I have Read & Execute, List Folder Contents, Read, Write, and Modify permissions for both the IUSR_machinename and ASPNET accounts and NETWORK SERVICES