Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Good way to manage TOPIC which the content will be changed frequently?

mint_teoh is offline Junior Member

Default Good way to manage TOPIC which the content will be changed frequently?

Good day..

I would like to put a piece of html code in topic page, like (hometopintro). This html code calls javascript and css files. Where is the good place to put these files (.js and .css) for easy maintenance next time, because the content in this topic page will be changed frequently.

George the Great is offline Senior Member

Just to keep things consistent, you should put the .js file in the jscripts directory in the root of the site where the other javascript files are kept. To me, it seems intuitive to look for javascript files in the jscripts directory since that's where all the other ones are.

The stylesheet should go into the skins/skin_#/ directory where "#" is the number of the skin that you are using on your site.
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>

Thanks for your reply.

After entering the full html code into Description field and save, then reopen the same Topic again, all text within <scripts> tag are missing, including the tag itself. Any idea why?

Here is part of my html code that gone missing after saved:

<script type="text/javascript" src="jscripts/jquery.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="jscripts/easySlider1.5.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    $(document).ready(function(){
    $("#slider").easySlider({
    auto: true,
    continuous: true
    });
    });
    </script>

Thanks.

George the Great is offline Senior Member

Yeah...by default the html editor doesn't allow script tags. We have a walkthrough of allowing scripts in the html editor here in our knowledgebase.
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>

Default Scripts in Topic not rendered during runtime

yeah.. now my scripts tags can be saved correctly. Thank you.

But although it has been saved, it is not rendered during runtime (I click on 'Home' tab and view source, and the respective scripts is not found). Any advice?

Actually what i am trying to do is to put a slider within Home page, so that customer can click next/previous button to view different images.

Somehow the slider is not working, and what i see is a list (unordered list) of images in my Home page. Is there any steps i have missed out? Please advice.

Thanks.

cjbarth is offline Senior Member

Did you ever get this working? I too am trying to get some scripts working from a topic page, though my objective is to set focus.
    ML9.3.1.1
    SQL 2012 Express
    VS 2010
    Azure VM

MadStamper is offline Member

If anyone else finds this and wants to add script tags and is frustrated by the broken knowledge base article link, set the "TurnOffHtmlEditorInAdminSite" AppConfig to true. You're still able to add (or copy/paste) html into the topic, and it retains any scripts you may have in your html.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    MadStamper
    9.3 VB - http://www.SignsOverAmerica.com